Welcome to South Burlington Stormwater Services
Welcome! We are Vermont’s first stormwater utility. We complete the ongoing maintenance work necessary to keep the City’s stormwater drainage and treatment system working properly. The Utility also provides technical support for property owners and constructs stormwater capital improvement projects.
The Utility manages stormwater in a cost-effective way for all city property owners. Please explore the rest of our site to learn more about the Utility, its benefits, and how stormwater affects South Burlington.
- Invitation to Bid – Muddy Brook Culvert Replacement Project (723 KB)
- NEW MAP: VT State Stormwater Permits within South Burlington. This story map shows current State issued Operational Stormwater Permits (3-9010, 3-9015 and INDS permits), as well as sites identified as “Three-Acre” sites by the Agency of Natural Resources and an updated list of properties that receive valid permit coverage under the City of South Burlington’s MS4 Permit.
- Projects Under Design:
- Stream & Precipitation Monitoring data is live! Check out the current conditions here.
- Bartlett Bay Road Culvert Assessment – 2020 (PDF 15 MB)
- Bartlett Bay Road Culvert Investigation – 2015 (PDF 1.7 MB, with appendices PDF, 24 MB)
Last Updated 12/17/20