Welcome to South Burlington Stormwater Services
Welcome! We are Vermont’s first stormwater utility. We complete the ongoing maintenance work necessary to keep the City’s stormwater drainage and treatment system working properly. The Utility also provides technical support for property owners and constructs stormwater capital improvement projects.
The Utility manages stormwater in a cost-effective way for all city property owners. Please explore the rest of our site to learn more about the Utility, its benefits, and how stormwater affects South Burlington.
BURLINGTON COUNTRY CLUB STORMWATER PROJECT: Construction of a stormwater gravel wetland on Burlington Country Club property has stopped construction for a winter shutdown. The contractor will be back next year to finish installing the fence and landscaping. Click here for the project page.
LINDENWOOD DRIVE STORMWATER PROJECT: Construction of the stormwater system on Lindenwood Drive has stopped for a winter shutdown. The contractor will be back next year to finish installing the storm drain system along Lindenwood Drive. Click here for the project page.
VT State Stormwater Permits within South Burlington. This story map shows current State issued Operational Stormwater Permits (3-9010, 3-9015 and INDS permits), as well as sites identified as “Three-Acre” sites by the Agency of Natural Resources and an updated list of properties that receive valid permit coverage under the City of South Burlington’s MS4 Permit.
- Projects Under Design:
- Kennedy Drive Pond 2
- Kennedy Drive Pond 7
- Airport Drive Stormwater Project
- Bartlett Bay Stormwater Treatment System Expansion
- Burlington Country Club Stormwater Project
- Lindenwood Stormwater Project
- Logwood Stormwater Project
- Queensbury Road Stormwater Project
- L&M Park Stormwater Improvement Project
- Technology Park Stormwater Improvement Project
- Green Tree Park Stormwater Improvement Project
- Vermont National Country Club Stormwater Improvement Project
- O’Dell Parkway Eastwood Commons City’s Edge Stormwater
- Ledge Knoll Stormwater Project
- Heathcote Stormwater Project
- Overlook at Spear Stormwater Improvement Project
- Ethan Allen Farms Industrial Park Stormwater Improvement Project
- Windjammer Stormwater Project
- Rice Memorial Highschool Stormwater Project
- Grandview-Southridge Stormwater Project
- Irish Farm Stormwater Improvement Project
Last Updated 11/28/22