City residents play a crucial role in keeping our surface waters clean. It is important to keep residents informed of the problems associated with stormwater, how the stormwater system works, and what they can do to help. The Stormwater Utility stays involved in the community through various outreach and education projects designed to keep city residents aware of stormwater issues.
- Regional Stormwater Education Program
- Chittenden County Stream Team
- Stream Sign Watershed Awareness Project
- Storm Drain Markers
- Stormwater Treatment Practice Tours
Stormwater management is a fairly new field, and new technologies are emerging all the time. The Stormwater Utility encourages research on new and emerging stormwater management practices and products.
- Farrell Park Gravel Wetland Study (PDF 5.3 MB)
- Farrell Street Pond Performance Report (PDF 3.7 MB)
- UVM’s Redesigning the American Neighborhood (RAN) project
In the News
Dave Wheeler was featured in the July issue of Municipal Sewer & Water: https://www.mswmag.com/ezine/2021/07
Tom DiPietro was featured on Across the Fence! Watch his interview here: